Call for Artists
Each year CRAFTED: Show + Sale presents unique handmade works by Manitoban and Northern artists for a truly one-of-a-kind shopping experience. The Winnipeg Art Gallery (WAG), Manitoba Craft Council (MCC), Nunavut Arts and Crafts Association (NACA), and Craft Council of Newfoundland and Labrador (CCNL), are thrilled to present the fourth annual juried craft show on Friday, November 2 and Saturday, November 3, 2018.
Craft-based artists are invited to apply to be a part of the 2018 CRAFTED Show + Sale.
The CRAFTED Committee serves as jurors for the selection process. Priority will be given to work that showcases excellence in technique, originality, innovation, and aesthetic.
A NORTHERN CONNECTION
To ensure the show reflects the breadth of relationships the WAG enjoys with artists in the community, a select number of artists from Nunavut, Nunatsiavut, and the Northwest Territories will be invited to participate.
For consistent messaging, artists will be given materials to publicize the event through their own contacts and social media channels. It is understood and agreed by the participating artists that images and biographical information submitted with this application may be used for promotional purposes.
APPLY TO BE A VENDOR:
We welcome submissions of original work in any craft-based medium whether functional, decorative, or conceptual. Media may include ceramics, glass, mixed media, wood, fibre/textiles, metals/jewellery, paper, stone etc.
Submission deadline is May 15, 2018
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit the following via email: email@example.com
- your name, address, phone number, email address, and media category (ceramics, fibre, glass, metals, mixed media, paper, wood, or stone)
- six jpgs of your work (300 dpi, rgb, approx. 10x10 in.)
- word document providing titles, media, and retail prices of your work (eg. Wgoblet1.jpg, wine goblet, wood fired porcelain, $45 each)
- one jpg of you with your work or at work (inspirational craft selfie)
- one jpg image representative of your display style
- 100 word artist bio (in same document as image list)
- please photograph work against a white background, light shadows (no harsh shadows)
COST (after acceptance into CRAFTED)
- $120*: 8 foot table (MCC members) Click here to become an MCC member
- $150*: 8 foot table (non-MCC members)
- $20 electrical service (limited number available)
- applicants will be notified of selection by May 31, 2018
- if payment is not received by June 11, 2018, the space will be reassigned
- payment can be made to Winnipeg Art Gallery:
- in person at the Gallery Shop
- over the phone 204-789-1769
- by mail:
- 300 Memorial Blvd
- Winnipeg, MB R3C 1V1
- c/o CRAFTED