Call for Knitters
One of CRAFTED's unique features is a philanthropic component that ensures the handmade becomes the hand given. We make a call for handmade donations every year, and partner with another organization to benefit the community.
This year we're seeking handmade toques, mitts, and socks, which will provide a warm and colourful display for the 2017 CRAFTED Show + Sale. After the event, your special hand knit items will be donated to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Winnipeg. BGCW offers a safe alternative to the streets after school. All activities are free of charge, serving over 3,200 children and youth ages 6 to 16.
So get those knitting needles clicking and your ideas humming – make a gift from the hand and heart! Deadline for drop-off at partner locations is passed, but we will still take donations during the event (Nov 3 & 4).
Special Thanks to this Year's Drop-Off Locations:
- AYOKO DESIGN, 302-960 Portage Ave
- KEYSTONE QUILTS, 1-1599 Dugald Rd
- QUILTERS’ DEN 565a Stephen St, Morden
- RAM WOOLS, 942 Erin St
- WOLSELEY WOOL, 889 Westminster Ave
- In 2016, quilters and sewing enthusiasts donated quilts and pillowcases to young and teen patients at the Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba and CancerCare Manitoba.
- In 2015, the WAG was covered in scarves that were then donated to Chase the Chill in support of those in need. Keep reading to find out about last year's quilting project.