Call for Artists
CRAFTED 2019 Call for Artists Has Ended. Check back next year for the 2020 submission date!
Each year CRAFTED: Show + Sale presents unique handmade works by Manitoban and Northern artists for a truly one-of-a-kind shopping experience. The Winnipeg Art Gallery (WAG), Manitoba Craft Council (MCC), and Nunavut Arts and Crafts Association (NACA) are thrilled to present the fifth annual juried craft show on Friday, November 8 and Saturday, November 9, 2019.
Craft-based artists are invited to apply to be a part of the 2019 CRAFTED: Show + Sale.
The 2019 CRAFTED Committee serves as jurors for the selection process. Works that showcase excellence in technique, originality, innovation, and aesthetic will be given priority.
For consistent messaging, artists will be provided with materials to publicize the event through their own contacts and social media channels. It is understood and agreed by the participating artists that images and biographical information submitted with this application may be used for promotional purposes.
APPLY TO BE A VENDOR:
We welcome submissions of original work in any craft-based medium whether functional, decorative, or conceptual. Media may include ceramics, glass, mixed media, wood, fibre/textiles, metals/jewellery, paper, stone etc.
Submission deadline is May 31, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit the following via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the body of the e-mail: your name, address, phone number, email address, and media category (ceramics, fibre, glass, metals, mixed media, paper, wood, or stone)
- In a single Word document:
Titles, media, and retail prices of your work (eg. Wgoblet1.jpg, wine goblet, wood fired porcelain, $45 each)
100-word artist bio
- Six JPEG images of your work (300 dpi, rgb, approx. 10x10 in.)
- One JPEG image of you with your work or at work (inspirational craft portrait)
- One JPEG image representative of your display style
- Please photograph work against a white background (light not harsh shadows). All images must be high resolution for printing.
COST (after acceptance into CRAFTED)
- $120*: 8-foot table (MCC members) Click here to become an MCC member
- $150*: 8-foot table (non-MCC members)
- $20 electrical service (limited number of outlets available)
- Applicants will be notified of selection by June 21, 2019
- If payment is not received by July 5th, 2019, the space will be reassigned
- Payment can be made to Winnipeg Art Gallery:
In person at the Gallery Shop
Over the phone 204-789-1769
By mail: 300 Memorial Blvd
Winnipeg, MB R3C 1V1